Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mixed Media Embroidery & Embroidery Ties



I think these two embroideries by Barbara Chandler are so cool! She recently bought a few patterns from our shop and said she hadn't embroidered in a long time and was excited to get back into stitchery. Well I'm excited she is back into stitchery too!
The colors she chose for the octolady are perfect and she looks so flowing, I especially love the sparkly thread she used, it makes her glisten.



This mermaid turned out so beautiful! She used variegated thread, silky thread, paint, crayons and colored pencils to fill in the water under the mermaid and give the glow effect above her. Doesn't she look so magical?! Barbara said she is making these into a quilt, which I think is brilliant, I assume it will be an entire ocean inspired quilt which makes me giddy, can't wait to see it done!

Mermaid and Octolady are both from our Deep Blue Sea pattern

embroidered tie wips
I am in love with these! They were stitched up by Doe-c-doe and then appliquéd onto ties! The pin-up and rocket are from our Pin-ups and Space Case patterns :)
She stitched these up a few months ago and ever since then I have wanted to make one like this so bad but on a skinny tie instead with a clip on it so I can clip it on any shirt!

She is now working on a new custom tie with the same pin-up (I love this lady so much!)


Just looking at all of these pictures makes me want to start stitching right NOW

If you’re not working right now, like I am I hope your embroidering up a storm :)

xoxo
Katy

No comments: