Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embroidered Heart Necklace


I have the sweetest granny ever who always sends me surprise packages, so I wanted to make something special for her that was one of a kind and dainty. I ordered one of these gold pendants from framecraft in the UK to make her a necklace. I absolutely adore all of the embroidery necklaces I have seen recently and I am so excited to have finally made my own!

Embroidered Heart Necklace

Embroidered Heart

My first embroidered necklace!

Here's a litte review of the frame pendant I got:
The pendant came in a padded little box that fits the pendant inside perfectly (really nice touch!) and the pendant itself is beautiful. The pendant includes; the gold frame, a clear cover that goes over the picture/embroidery, a cardboard insert (which I used to wrap my embroidered fabric around)and a velvet covered back to close the frame.
I ordered a chain as well from framecraft and although the chain is way to short for me, it will be perfect for my granny. Overall I really love the frame pendant I bought, although it was a little pricey with the shipping from the UK to the US, it is well worth it for a nice present for someone :)
Some tips I have if you order one of these are:
*leave a lot of fabric around your picture so you can fold it over easily before you put the velvet back on
*use spray glue to hold down the embroidery and also use spray glue to attach the velvet back to the picture, because there is no clamp to hold it in place ;)

xoxo
Katy

5 comments:

Katie said...

Thats so cute! I am now dying to try it out myself!

Katy said...

Thanks ;) You should totally go for it!I am obcessed now!
I found some different ones too on etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Kailea

They are so fun to make, I am tempted to even throw some of my favorite fabric inside one of them

xoxo

Ina said...

Great necklace. How funny, I just wanted to tell you about this etsy store Kailea.

Becky said...

That is adorable! Will you post a pic of your Granny wearing it?

Katy said...

Thanks sugarplums! I wish I could post a pic of my granny wearing it, she lives in Oklahoma :( Maybe my momma will take one while their on their cruise next week :)