Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pin-up Inspiration


Things have been a little quiet around here, sorry lovelies! I have been working on my pin-up embroideries like a mad woman that are going to be in a group show (with my 3 friends) in May. I don't have all of the details yet, but it's a one night only pop up show and I'm super excited!!!!!! Also, I just started the most epic embroidery project of my life and it's a surprise ;) I don't know how I'm going to finish everything but I'm going to make it happen!

Here is some pin-up inspiration that has been keeping me going...
Retro_04
I love this!

Pistol packin momma
I want to embroider this lil lady right nowwwwwwww



Film Fun 1934 12
She WILL get you for speeding



Comfortable Reading Attire

First Mate

GIL ELVGREN

Spare
This guys face is so creeeeepy but it's so funny!

sept1946

This is the first art show that I am a part of and I'm nervous and excited at the same time! I have no idea how I'm going to display my embroideries...but I want to do something other than display them in hoops or frames.... ANY IDEAS?! I would love to hear ;)

XOXO
Katy

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow Katy, these are great pics. I've been missing you! Can't wait to see your WIPs. (That sounds so wrong...).

SewAmy said...

I can't wait to see your WIP either. I love the pinup girl on the river or walking over the river.

Hi! I'm Wendi! said...

When I'm putting my work in a gallery I often stretch it over a square of MDF and simply staple it into the back. I wrap it with a layer of thin cotton batting first so the corners are slightly rounded. I don't think that's sassy enough for your work, but maybe it will lead you to something cool?