Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flapper Pillow

I have been debating what to do with the flapper hankie I embroidered. I saw some tutorials online on how to make a hankie pillow. Maureen encouraged me and said we could do it! That's what I love about her, she believes anything is possible :) I started to embroider another hankie that would go on the back side of the flapper one. Mother's day was quickly approaching and my mom was coming up for a visit. It was perfect! Also she has a quilt that my grandma made and appliqued over 50 hankies on in a fan shape. They couldn't be more perfect for each other!

I love the ruffle edge, it happened naturally because the pillow form was smaller :)


I call her Momma Bear, so I knew this was going to be a tear jerker~


Hooray!

Our visit was so nice, we sat around all weekend embroidering and watching Shirley temple DVDs. Such a needed girl weekend :)

Now we just need more Shirley DVDs and we are set for more.
Does anyone have any favorites they recommend, I have only seen a handful.

Don't work too hard today!

xoxo
Katy

1 comment:

ice pink stars said...

Sooooo pretty! I love the embroidered hankie pillow idea, I've never made one but now I'll know what to do when I see those vintage hankies at thrift shops and antique stores! Beautiful pillows! :)