Thursday, January 26, 2012

Embroidery Inspiration!

Hi lovelies-

To get back into the swing of things, I went through a jillion pages in the embroidery flickr group to get my mojo back and it worked as always! I love to look what other people come up with, cool techniques they are using and new ways that people are using embroidery. I am always trying to think of new ways to use embroidery and I love to see how other people think.

Here is what caught my eye:

This litte Zebra is amazing made out of felt and the velvet stitch. You can see more details here.
Zebra

I have been wanting to embroider a map for the longest time, how rad would it be to embroider a map while on a road trip and stitch all of your favorite places and the route you took?!
Embroidery

I love how much texture this piece has:
Star of the Morning  finished!!

Embroidery on clothes is the greatest thing ever:
Embroidered Dress

Embroidery on pictures is pretty amazing too:
owl lady

I really want to try incorporating fabric like this into my embroideries, Lucky Jackson is so amazing!
day 113/365

Hope you enjoy my inspiration as much as I did!

xoxo
Katy

5 comments:

sewphie said...

Wow, the embroidered photo is incredible great selection of embroidery inspiration, I am soooo gonna steal this idea for a blog post ;]

Jamie said...

OMG that embroidered photo is amazing!! I have so many ideas swimming in my head now!

Alexis said...

Hi Katy! Thank you for including my zebra!

That map is gorgeous - I love your idea of an embroidered road trip map.

Becky said...

Ack! Too much goodness in one post! Gonna faint cause my head is spinning with ideas now. Thanks Katy!

The Monogram Queen said...

Wow, great work ladies! I love the zebra.

www.monogramqueen.com