Friday, September 10, 2010

Life Aquatic In Stitches!



I am so excited to show you this Life Aquatic embroidery that I finished this week. My friend AQ's birthday was on Wednesday and since I know The Life Aquatic is her favorite movie I had to whip up something zissoutastic for her!





I had so much fun with this project, I knew months ago that I wanted to make her a Steve Zissou sweater and I am so happy with the way it came out :)



I couldn't find a navy sweater so I went for a super soft cream cardigan. I was inspired by this rad picture:


Maureen of course sketched it up for me and even drew it in inside a seashell with waves on the bottom because she totally rules!

I gave it to AQ at her bowling party on Wednesday:




She was so excited!!!!!!!!!

It's the weekend and I have no crafty obligations, what ever will I do? It's picture time! I have to take pictures of a few more embroidery projects I finished up and then viola new project time! No more stressful crafting, no deadlines, I could jump up and down :)

xoxo
Katy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky gal! I want a Team Zissou sweater that's that awesome!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness! The Life Aquatic is one of my favourite Wes Anderson films! I wish I was a member of the Team Zissou, and that cardigan is a perfect way to show support of Stevesie. A matching red/orange cap would make it even more perfect.

I'm glad that your friend liked your gift!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Such a charming and thoughtful gift. What a sweetie. And it's a nice feminine response to the navy one- good job.

Enjoy your weekend! (Is there a lot of ash where you are, from the fire in San Bruno? So sad...)