Monday, July 26, 2010

Crafting with Granny


My weekend went WAY too fast! Granny arrived in San Francisco Friday night and craft palooza weekend commenced :)
First thing she said at the airport was " he's cute as Christmas" referencing her newborn grandson. It was the most adorable thing ever!

Well I say she is cute as Christmas:


We had the best time sitting around chatting and stitching up a storm! I wish she lived closer, Oklahoma is just too far. She is too spunky for a small town, she belongs in the big city :)



I taught her how to make felt flowers, she was tickled! She said she is going to make one for each of her friends at the senior center, she was Miss Valentine last year you know, hehe!



She taught me how to patchwork! Now I want to patchwork everything...watch out ;)



Her birthday is coming up soon so Maureen made her a vanilla coconut cake (her favorite!) she will be 83, how cute is she!



She loves owls so I got her the cutest owl necklace ever, I wanted to keep it really bad:


Happy Birthday Granny I love you!
I hope she comes back soon, there is so much more she could teach me :)

xoxo
Katy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh she is cute as Christmas, it looks like you guys had a blast! Happy Birthday Granny!

Lisa said...

Looks like one of the best kinds of weekends there are! And she does indeed look too spunky for a small town!

I enjoyed reading this post especially, I think spending time with Granny is awesome. I miss my Granny's... oxo.