Monday, February 1, 2010

Cheesecake Palooza!

Yesterday I made TWO cheesecakes! It may seem like a lot for one sunday, but it was all worth it :) I am a cheesecake finatic, and this recipe my friends is the tops! It came from my grandma, she always used to make it for me when she came to visit and for a few years now I have been baking them non-stop because I finally got the recipe. The graham cracker crust really makes it!
Here is the recipe:

Granny’s Cheese Cake
Start with the Crust!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
~9-10 double graham crackers
~Roll crackers with rolling pin until super fine grains, place in 9” pie pan
~Melt 1/3 cup butter and add to crumbs
~Add ¼ cup sugar on top of the butter
~Mix together with spoon inside of pan until crumbs are coated with butter and sugar, then form into crust with spoon
~Place crust in oven and bake 8-10 minutes
While the crust is baking mix up the filling
Filling:
12 oz cream cheese softened
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Blend together with mixer until smooth
Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees unless using a glass dish, leave the oven at 325
5 minutes before the filling is done baking prepare the icing
Icing!
1 cup sour cream
5 tsp sugar rounded
½ tsp vanilla
When the filling is done, pour icing over cake spreading evenly, return to oven at same temp and bake for 10 minutes.
Take out of the oven, let cool for a few minutes then put in fridge for 3-4 hours and EAT!

Add a little She & Him and my sunday was lovely!


1 comment:

Becky Farley said...

THIS IS PERFECT!!! like the all caps - it was on purpose ;)
I'm printing this out now and I will tell you how it goes! Thank you so much!!!